May 15, 2017
We do apologise for the silence but between Telkom , Afrihost and Eskom we have been down for a while. We are back with our favourite feature and today we are showcasing the amazingly talented Lexi Biccard from Lexi’s Crumbs
- When did you start cake decorating? December 2012
- If you studied where did you study? The International Hotel School (2004 – 2007)
- If you did courses basic course through a fellow baker/decorator (any course not recognised basically) please advise what and where? Ive’ had a lesson on covering a cake with fondant with Cheryldene from A Slice of Nice, I have also done a few flower classes with Sharon Jackson from CakeTopia Cakes & Bakes , Ive done a lesson in basic business planning and costing with Gizelle Pinto from The Sugar studio. I also belong to the South African Cake Decorators Guild.
- Was it something you always wanted to do? Yes
- Biggest challenge as a cake decorator? Time management and keeping on top of all the admin.
- Any advice for people looking to start doing cake decorating? Attend as many lessons as you can, and use the internet, it is a great resource. There are loads of blogs and You Tube videos with wonderful tutorials out there.
Lexi’s Crumbs can be found on the following social media